domingo, 25 de noviembre de 2012

THE LOGICAL SONG



THE LOGICAL SONG  (Supertramp)

1.-  Write the words for the following phonetic transcriptions and then fill in the boxes.
/ ‘sensəbəl/                 _______________
/rɪ´spektəbəl/         ______________
/rɪ´spɒnsəbəl/         _______________
/prɪ´zentəbəl/         _______________
/ dɪ´pendəbəl/         ________________
vedʒtəbəl/               ________________
/əseptəbəl/             ________________

2.-Find the word that matches the definitions:
…………………………….: someone you can be sure that they will always act consistently or sensibly.
…………………………….: a person who is able to make good decisions and judgements based on reason.
…………………………….: Someone who is approved of by society and considered to be morally correct.
…………………………….: A very sick or disabled person.
…………………………….: someone who is good enough.
…………………………….: people who behave properly and sensibly (without needing to be supervised).
…………………………….: Someone who looks fairly tidy or attractive


3.- Fill in the gaps with words ending in -al
When I was young
it seemed that life was so wonderful
A miracle, oh it was beautiful,  ……………………
And all the birds in the trees
Well they´d be singing so happily
Oh joyfully, oh playfully watching me
But then they sent me away
To teach me how to be …………………………..
…………………, oh …………………………., …………………
And they showed me a world
where I could be so ………………………….
Oh ……………………, oh ……………………, …………………

There are times when all the world´s asleep
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man
Won´t you please, please tell me what we´ve learned
I know it sounds absurd
But please tell me who i am
Now watch what you say
Or they´ll be calling you a ……………………
A ……………………, oh ……………………, ……………………
Oh won´t you sign up your name
We´d like to feel you´re
…………………………. , …………………………., Oh ………………………. , a …………………………. !

At night when all the world´s asleep
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man
Won´t you please,please tell me what we´ve learned
I know it sounds absurd
But please tell me who I am, who I am ,who I am
4. In which column would you put the adjectives? Look at the examples
+
sensible
__

fanatical





5 comentarios:

  1. THE LOGICAL SONG (Supertramp)


    1.- Write the words for the following phonetic transcriptions and then fill in the boxes.
    / ‘sensəbəl/ sensible
    /rɪ´spektəbəl/ respectable
    /rɪ´spɒnsəbəl/ responsible
    /prɪ´zentəbəl/ presentable
    / dɪ´pendəbəl/ dependable
    /´vedʒtəbəl/ vegetable
    /ək´septəbəl/ acceptable


    2.-Find the word that matches the definitions:
    dependable: someone you can be sure that they will always act consistently or sensibly.
    sensible: a person who is able to make good decisions and judgements based on reason.
    respectable: Someone who is approved of by society and considered to be morally correct.
    vegetable: A very sick or disabled person.
    acceptable: someone who is good enough.
    responsible: people who behave properly and sensibly (without needing to be supervised).
    presentable: Someone who looks fairly tidy or attractive



    3.- Fill in the gaps with words ending in -al
    When I was young
    it seemed that life was so wonderful
    A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical……………………
    And all the birds in the trees
    Well they´d be singing so happily
    Oh joyfully, oh playfully watching me
    But then they sent me away
    To teach me how to be sensible…………………………..
    logical……, oh …responsible……., practical…………………
    And they showed me a world
    where I could be so …dependable……………………….
    Oh clinical…, oh intellectual…, cynical……

    There are times when all the world´s asleep
    The questions run too deep
    For such a simple man
    Won´t you please, please tell me what we´ve learned
    I know it sounds absurd
    But please tell me who i am
    Now watch what you say
    Or they´ll be calling you a radical……………………
    A liberal…, oh fanatical………, criminal…………
    Oh won´t you sign up your name
    We´d like to feel you´re
    acceptable…. , respectable…., Oh presentable…. , a vegetable………. !

    At night when all the world´s asleep
    The questions run too deep
    For such a simple man
    Won´t you please,please tell me what we´ve learned
    I know it sounds absurd
    But please tell me who I am, who I am ,who I am
    4. In which column would you put the adjectives? Look at the examples
    +
    sensible/logical/responsible/practical/dependable/intellectual/liberal/acceptable/respectable/presentable


    fanatical/clinical/cynical/radical/criminal/vegetable








    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I'm totally agree with Sara with the answers. Be careful everybody!. When I was finishing the exercise, I realized, that the pictures were giving me some clues. I was laughing with 'vegetable', some years ago I was working like that.

    ResponderEliminar